Meaty vegan cutlets made from chickpeas, gluten and spices
|¼ cup||Vegetable Broth|
|2 tbsp||Soy sauce|
|½ tsp||Hungarian paprika|
|¼ tsp||Dried sage|
|½ tsp||Dried thyme|
|2 tbsp||Olive oil|
|½ tsp||Lemon juice|
|4 oz||Vital wheat gluten|
1. Mash the chickpeas and oil together until no chickpeas remain.
2. Add remaining ingredients and knead for 3 mins until strings of gluten have formed.
3. Pre-heat large non-stick pan over medium heat.
4. Divide dough into four equal pieces. Flatten each piece and stretch to about 4” x 6”.
5. to pan-fry, add a small amount of olive oil to the pan.
6. Place cutlet in the pan and cook each side for 6-7 mins until light brown
7. To bake, pre-heat oven to 375* lightly oil pan brush olive oil on both sides and bake for 20 mins.
8. Flip patties and bake another 8-10 mins until golden brown.