- Here is what you need (serves 6)
– 1-2 russet potatoes
– 2 plum tomatoes
– 1 yellow squash
– 1 zucchini
– 2-3 cloves minced garlic
– 1/2 cup chopped onion
– 2 tbsp. olive oil
– 2 tsp. Mrs. Dash Original
-1 cup Mozzarella & Parmesan
– salt & pepper non-stick spray
1. Thinly slice potatoes, plum tomatoes, yellow squash, and zucchini. Set aside. To give the tomatoes a little extra kick, I placed the thin slices on a paper towel to absorb some liquid and sprinkled 1 tsp. of seasoning.
2. Sauté your chopped onions and minced garlic in 1 tbsp. of olive oil until onions are soft (about 5 minutes).
3. Spray a pie pan with non-stick spray and layer onions on the bottom of the pan. If you do not have a pie pan, an 8×8 pan will also work.
4. Create a spiral layer (or rows if you are using a square dish) of potato, zucchini, squash, potato, tomato, potato, zucchini, squash, potato, tomato, potato, etc…
5. Drizzle with the 2 tbsp. of olive oil and sprinkle with the remaining 1 tsp. of seasoning and salt and pepper. Cover with aluminum foil. Bake at 400 degrees, covered for 30 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and sprinkle with cheese. Bake uncovered for an additional 15-20 minutes.
We really enjoyed this and I hope you will too!
Wishing you many Blessings
Recipe Adapted from Family Fresh Meals.