In my quest to have my kiddos eat healthier, I started looking for ways to make foods that they already ate. I knew that trying to get them to eat everything new would be impossible and I really didn’t want to deal with screaming kids fighting me for every meal. Plus I didn’t want to have to worry about them gorging on junk the minute my back was turned.
One of the things I found was granola bars, I mean which kid doesn’t want a granola bar??? Especially these yummy ones???
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter (I use no stir natural kind)
- 1/3 cup Honey (I use raw honey)
- 1/4 cup Coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cup Old Fashion Oats
- 2 TBSP Wheat Germ
- 1/2 cup Nuts
- Toppings: Chocolate chips, coconut, cranberries, raisins
- In a medium size saucepan over low heat, melt peanut butter, honey and coconut oil, stirring frequently.
- Mix in oats, wheat germ, and nuts.
- Spread in a 8 x 8 foil lined or greased pan. Add toppings.
- Place in freezer till cooled.
- Turn out onto a cutting board and cut into bars.
- Store in fridge.
What recipes have you turned into a healthier option?
Hope you guys like this as much as our family does!
Check out what’s happen with everyone over at Lisa’s blog.
Wishing you many Blessings