Crises comes in all shapes and colors. What might be a crisis to you might not be to me and vise versa.
Definition of CRISIS
: an unstable or crucial time or state of affairs in which a decisive change is impending; especially : one with the distinct possibility of a highly undesirable outcome
The cool thing of homeschooling is we can make our experiences unique to our family. How each of us deals with crises will be different and what we each learn will be different.
About a year ago our family started down a road filled with crisis. There were minor issues, major issue, issues I felt we would never get through, issues that at the time seemed to overwhelm and control every aspect of our life.
One thing we learned when dealing with this past year is that sometimes doing our normal routine helped to keep everything in prospective, but sometimes there where times where I didn’t even think about school and then on another day I NEEDED the routine to help me deal with everything that was unraveling around us. Life speeds by in a blink of an eye, and dealing with a crisis is really a learning experience for our kids because life is full of obstacles and how we deal with them teaches them about life.
Some things that helped to keep us sane were:
- Keeping a schedule of some sort, even if it wasn’t the normal one we still had a schedule.
- We always keep a travel bag ready to go. Books, Games, headphones, snacks, pad & pencils.
- We cut back outside commitments, when we had some down time, we took advantage of it as a family!
- Talk! We talked with the kids about big stuff, little stuff, sometimes nonsense stuff but we took the time to just sit and talk with them.
- And the biggest one is PRAYER!!!! We prayed by ourselves, with each other, as a family and with friends.
How do you school through a crisis??
Check out what the rest of the Crew is saying!!
Wishing you many Blessings
©2011- 2013. Blessings from Homeschooling.
All rights reserved. Ask before using my stuff. Contact me @ firstname.lastname@example.org