As I sit here making and tasting this sinfully gooey mess that I am gonna just call “A Hot Mess”, I am helping a friend find a healthy recipe for the kiddos at our church. Funny thing is normally we eat very healthy and tend to stay away from sugary desserts. And with Leddybug being Wheat Free these desserts are far and few in between!!
So I saw this recipe floating around Facebook and thought I need to try this!!! But then I got discouraged because of the comments. Well I went out and I bought the items needed and then we decided to tear out the kitchen. So the thought of trying a new recipe went right out the door. After a week of having no stove and only having 1 hotplate, a couple of crock pots, a microwave and a electric skillet I decided, let throw caution to the wind and make a dessert tonight!
I followed the recipe to the letter and after 2 hours of cooking on High; I smelt a burning smell. I ran to the counter and realized that the edges were burning but the middle was raw. I didn’t want to throw it all out so I went to cabinet and grabbed my ramekins and scooped some of the batter into them. I microwave them for 45 seconds and they came out as a gooey cakey delight!!
- 1 box Betty Crocker® fudge brownie mix
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 4 eggs
- 1 pouch Betty Crocker® chocolate chip cookie mix
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Vanilla ice cream, as desired
1. Spray 4 1/2-quart slow cooker with baking spray with flour.
2. In large bowl, mix brownie mix with 1/4 cup of the melted butter and 2 of the eggs.
3. In another large bowl, mix chocolate chip cookie mix, remaining 1/4 cup melted butter and remaining 2 eggs.
4. Drop alternate spoonfuls of the brownie and chocolate chip cookie batters into slow cooker.
5. Cover; cook on High heat setting 2 to 3 hours or until cake is set in center. To serve, spoon cake from slow cooker, and top with scoops of ice cream.
*I melted the whole stick of butter in the microwave and divided it between 2 bowls added 2 eggs to each bowl then put the brownie mix in 1 bowl and the cookie mix in the other bowl. Mixed it well. Then I dropped spoonfuls of each batter into the crock pot. After 2 hours it was a gooey mess and I then transferred the batter to ramekins and microwave each ramekin for 45 seconds.*
What desserts have you been cooking up??? What are you cooking up??
Check out what others are cooking up this week at Home to 4 Kiddos!!
Wishing you many Blessings
©2011- 2013. Blessings from Homeschooling.
All rights reserved. Ask before using my stuff. Contact me @ email@example.com